Error in Screen tests

I get errors in the tests that run on my screen. I need to show an image stimulus for a very short time, about a few milliseconds, and I wonder if these figures will cause problems for my experiment and if should I be concerned about them.
My setup:
TUF Gaming VG279QM HDR Gaming-Monitor
Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GD5
ubuntu 22.04

My Tests:

VBLSyncTest()

PTB-INFO: This is Psychtoolbox-3 for GNU/Linux X11, under Matlab 64-Bit (Version 3.0.18 - Build date: Jun 27 2022).
PTB-INFO: OS support status: Linux 5.15.0-56-lowlatency Supported.
PTB-INFO: Type ‘PsychtoolboxVersion’ for more detailed version information.
PTB-INFO: Most parts of the Psychtoolbox distribution are licensed to you under terms of the MIT License, with
PTB-INFO: some restrictions. See file ‘License.txt’ in the Psychtoolbox root folder for the exact licensing conditions.

PTB-INFO: For information about paid support, support memberships and other commercial services, please type
PTB-INFO: ‘PsychPaidSupportAndServices’.

PTB-INFO: Connected to Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] GPU with DCE-11.0 display engine [6 heads].

PTB-INFO: OpenGL-Renderer is AMD :: AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (polaris10, LLVM 13.0.1, DRM 3.42, 5.15.0-56-lowlatency) :: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.0.5
PTB-INFO: VBL startline = 1080 , VBL Endline = 1213
PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from beamposition = 4.170938 ms [239.754199 Hz].
PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from VBLsync = 4.170918 ms [239.755346 Hz]. (50 valid samples taken, stddev=0.000447 ms.)
PTB-INFO: Reported monitor refresh interval from operating system = 4.170855 ms [239.759003 Hz].
PTB-INFO: Small deviations between reported values are normal and no reason to worry.
The refresh interval reported by the operating system is 4.16667 ms.
Measured refresh interval, as reported by “GetFlipInterval” is 4.17092 ms. (nsamples = 0, stddev = 0.00000 ms)
PTB missed 0 out of 600 stimulus presentation deadlines.
One missed deadline is ok and an artifact of the measurement.
PTB completed 0 stimulus presentations before the requested target time.
Have a look at the plots for more details…
###############################################################################

PerceptualVBLSyncTest()

PTB-INFO: This is Psychtoolbox-3 for GNU/Linux X11, under Matlab 64-Bit (Version 3.0.18 - Build date: Jun 27 2022).
PTB-INFO: OS support status: Linux 5.15.0-56-lowlatency Supported.
PTB-INFO: Type ‘PsychtoolboxVersion’ for more detailed version information.
PTB-INFO: Most parts of the Psychtoolbox distribution are licensed to you under terms of the MIT License, with
PTB-INFO: some restrictions. See file ‘License.txt’ in the Psychtoolbox root folder for the exact licensing conditions.

PTB-INFO: For information about paid support, support memberships and other commercial services, please type
PTB-INFO: ‘PsychPaidSupportAndServices’.

PTB-INFO: Connected to Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/570X/580/580X/590] GPU with DCE-11.0 display engine [6 heads].

PTB-INFO: OpenGL-Renderer is AMD :: AMD Radeon RX 580 Series (polaris10, LLVM 13.0.1, DRM 3.42, 5.15.0-56-lowlatency) :: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 22.0.5
PTB-INFO: VBL startline = 1080 , VBL Endline = 1213
PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from beamposition = 4.170861 ms [239.758674 Hz].
PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from VBLsync = 4.170847 ms [239.759458 Hz]. (50 valid samples taken, stddev=0.000543 ms.)
PTB-INFO: Reported monitor refresh interval from operating system = 4.170855 ms [239.759003 Hz].
PTB-INFO: Small deviations between reported values are normal and no reason to worry.

INFO: PTB’s Screen(‘Flip’, 10) command seems to have missed the requested stimulus presentation deadline

INFO: a total of 3 times out of a total of 2389 flips during this session.

INFO: This number is fairly accurate (and indicative of real timing problems in your own code or your system)
INFO: if you provided requested stimulus onset times with the ‘when’ argument of Screen(‘Flip’, window [, when]);
INFO: If you called Screen(‘Flip’, window); without the ‘when’ argument, this count is more of a ‘‘mild’’ indicator
INFO: of timing behaviour than a hard reliable measurement. Large numbers may indicate problems and should at least
INFO: deserve your closer attention. Cfe. ‘help SyncTrouble’, the FAQ section at www.psychtoolbox.org and the
INFO: examples in the PDF presentation in PsychDocumentation/Psychtoolbox3-Slides.pdf for more info and timing tips.

#############################################################################
PerceptualVBLSyncTestFlipInfo()

INFO: PTB’s Screen(‘Flip’, 10) command seems to have missed the requested stimulus presentation deadline
INFO: a total of 135 times out of a total of 2261 flips during this session.

INFO: This number is fairly accurate (and indicative of real timing problems in your own code or your system)
INFO: if you provided requested stimulus onset times with the ‘when’ argument of Screen(‘Flip’, window [, when]);
INFO: If you called Screen(‘Flip’, window); without the ‘when’ argument, this count is more of a ‘‘mild’’ indicator
INFO: of timing behaviour than a hard reliable measurement. Large numbers may indicate problems and should at least
INFO: deserve your closer attention. Cfe. ‘help SyncTrouble’, the FAQ section at www.psychtoolbox.org and the
INFO: examples in the PDF presentation in PsychDocumentation/Psychtoolbox3-Slides.pdf for more info and timing tips.

I would be very grateful if you could help me.

There’s nothing obvious wrong, given your output. Visual timing/timestamping seems to work well, and 240 fps redraw rate on this 240 Hz display is generally achieved. But then you also talk about errors when there aren’t any in the posted output, and about figures which don’t exist in your posting either, so who knows?

For up to 30 minutes of advice please post your paid support authentication token, cfe. help PsychPaidSupportAndServices for the process.

Best,
-mario

Usual comment - this is where getting MK to advise is a good idea. Avoid problems down the road. Graphics card? Install?

Hi, my graphic card is the Radeon 580 Sapphire.

I’m afraid all I can tell you is that we use a similar setup in Linux (22.04), but with a somewhat newer Radeon card, and see no issues. I think this is one for Mario.