Multiple displays on Win 10

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with connecting a Win 11 Alienware laptop to a second screen (CRT monitor). The only mode the system appears to work with an additional screen is when I “mirror” things over. Extending the display does not work, and ideally, I would like to present stimuli on the external screen while presenting task information on the laptop’s screen.

Here are the devices that are connected and form our experimental setup

1. Camera: EyeLink 1000 Camera, monocular + IR Illuminator on Tower Mount

• Screenshot of EyeLink 1000 User Manual 1.5.0 Section 3.2.1 “Tower Mount Participant Setup, Monocular” and Figure 2-3: “Parts of The EyeLink 1000 Tower Mount”
  2. Host PC (EyeLink Computer):

• Host and Display PC connected via Ethernet cable
  3. Display PC (Project Laptop): Alienware m15 R4.

• Display PC and 2nd Display Monitor connected via VGA and VGA to USB-C adapter

We’ve tried updating MATLAB and have tried various versions of psychtoolbox, however, we’re still not able to extend the displays. The Screen(‘Screen’) does not reliably report all the monitors present, and will only present stimulus on the main (in this case our project laptop’s) screen. Only when mirrored, things will present on the external monitor.

Additionally, we have tried matching the framerates of the two monitors and that does not seem to resolve the issue either. I would appreciate it if you could provide any feedback on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you so much in advance for your time.

Kimia Yaghoubi

• from Aaron Seitz lab at UCR.