[psychtoolbox] OpenWindow problem

Hi,

I've encountered a sudden problem with Screen('OpenWindow',...); all my scripts are freezing on execution of the command (all the PTB demos etc as well).  I have to force quit Matlab to get out, and as such am unfortunately not able to see the output in the matlab window - I can't do multiple displays either unfortunately (I know this is not very helpful at the moment...)

I am using a PC under winXP SP2, Matlab 2006b, and the latest update of PTB beta. I've tried with and without the Screen('Preference' VisualDebugLevel) and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've also tried deleting and reinstalling PTB from scratch. Arghhh! Anyone have any ideas that they could suggest?

Many thanks

Chris
You might want to try reinstalling the display drivers on your comp, as these things tend to get wiped out by Windows Update. Apart from that, the usual: format c:, reinstall everything.

Patrick

2007/7/16, Christopher Hatherly <Christopher.Hatherly@...>:
Hi,

I've encountered a sudden problem with Screen('OpenWindow',...); all my scripts are freezing on execution of the command (all the PTB demos etc as well).  I have to force quit Matlab to get out, and as such am unfortunately not able to see the output in the matlab window - I can't do multiple displays either unfortunately (I know this is not very helpful at the moment...)

I am using a PC under winXP SP2, Matlab 2006b, and the latest update of PTB beta. I've tried with and without the Screen('Preference' VisualDebugLevel) and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've also tried deleting and reinstalling PTB from scratch. Arghhh! Anyone have any ideas that they could suggest?

Many thanks

Chris