PTB3 on matlab 64 bits

Hello,

I have a Macintosh 10.8.2 with Mountain lion and I always have a synchronization trouble. Currently, PTB3 runs on the 32 bits version. I read that, since septembre 2012, we can use PTB3 on the 64-bits version.
I'm trying to instal PTB3 on the 64-bits version of Matlab, but without succes. I read somewhere that :

10.7 "Lion" mostly has restrictions in the precision for visual stimulus timestamping due to various bugs in the operating system. Please install the Psychtoolbox kernel driver to resolve these issues (help PsychtoolboxKernelDriver).

Does it mean that I have to instal this driver? Because I have tried but I think that the driver needs to be manually loaded by a user with administrator privileges.

Is this driver that I have to instal to not have a synchronization trouble anymore, or is there another possibility?

Thank you very much
I precise that I also use GetChar and that I have some problems with this command, even if I'm on a new Macintosh version.

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, "emiliecaspar" <emiliecaspar@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a Macintosh 10.8.2 with Mountain lion and I always have a synchronization trouble. Currently, PTB3 runs on the 32 bits version. I read that, since septembre 2012, we can use PTB3 on the 64-bits version.
> I'm trying to instal PTB3 on the 64-bits version of Matlab, but without succes. I read somewhere that :
>
> 10.7 "Lion" mostly has restrictions in the precision for visual stimulus timestamping due to various bugs in the operating system. Please install the Psychtoolbox kernel driver to resolve these issues (help PsychtoolboxKernelDriver).
>
> Does it mean that I have to instal this driver? Because I have tried but I think that the driver needs to be manually loaded by a user with administrator privileges.
>
> Is this driver that I have to instal to not have a synchronization trouble anymore, or is there another possibility?
>
> Thank you very much
>