randomizing the presentation of 2 stimuli in each trial

Hello,

I am really new to psychtoolbox. I am trying to write a script for my experiment. I would like to show 2 stimuli in each trial in which one of the stimuli is fixed like a pen and the other one is a randomized one from a set of images that I have. I would like to show the 2 stimuli in each trial as random meaning I don't want to always show the pen as a first stimuli. My question is how can I randomize the two stimuli so that sometimes the pen is shown as first and other times as second stimulus in each trial?

Thank you,
Armita
Sounds like you might be stuck with basic Matlab issues.

Google for Matlab tutorial or Psychtoolbox tutorial.

e.g.

http://argentum.ucbso.berkeley.edu/PTBtutorial

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, "azalea_blooming" <azalea_blooming@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am really new to psychtoolbox. I am trying to write a script for my experiment. I would like to show 2 stimuli in each trial in which one of the stimuli is fixed like a pen and the other one is a randomized one from a set of images that I have. I would like to show the 2 stimuli in each trial as random meaning I don't want to always show the pen as a first stimuli. My question is how can I randomize the two stimuli so that sometimes the pen is shown as first and other times as second stimulus in each trial?
>
> Thank you,
> Armita
>