Transparent Screen with opaque rectangle

Hi,
I’m using Matlab in MS Windows to create an experiment. The visual stimulus is pre-made in a web browser and I’m wanting to make the onscreen window in Matlab transparent so that the browser is visible but then have part of the screen covered with a solid rectangle.
I’ve tried the helpful information given by @mariokleiner from a previous post Transparency of Onscreen Window Background - #2 by mariokleiner but I can’t seem to get the onscreen window to be transparent and a rectangle flipped onto that screen to be opaque - the PsychDebugWindowConfiguration function seems to apply the transparency to everything. I’ve tried rearranging the order of the code to create the rectangle first then apply the transparency but this doesn’t seem to work.
Is there a way to apply the transparency only to the screen and then have opaque shapes on top using this function or is at an all or nothing situation?
Any pointers or suggestions as to where I’m going wrong would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Catherine

Hello,
me having a look at your issue and possibly giving advice if there is any actionable advice, would require paid priority support. “help PsychPaidSupportAndService” in Matlab/Octave, or the corresponding section on our website.

Happy new year,
-mario