Cannot update or download PTB; problem with subversion client?

Dear colleagues - 

I am having trouble using the 'UpdatePsychtoolbox' and 'DownloadPsychtoolbox' scripts. The error that I get is:

About to update your working copy of the OpenGL-based Psychtoolbox-3.

Will execute the following update command:

/usr/bin/svn update  "/Applications/Psychtoolbox"

svn: E200002: /Users/pk/.subversion/servers:113: Option expected

Sorry. The update command failed:

For reason, see output above.

Error using UpdatePsychtoolbox (line 177)

Update failed.

There appears to be some issue with the subversion client. I browsed postings in the PTB group for similar problems, and tried a few things, including re-installing Xcode with command line tools, and re-installing the subversion client with Homebrew.

Now I get a similar error when I open the Terminal window and type:

>> svn --version

(This happened after I re-installed Xcode, and continued after I re-installed the subversion client with Homebrew.)

Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance.

It looks like an error in a subversion configuration file. The relevant error line is:

If you intentionally changed subversion's server settings, then you should look at line 113 in /Users/pk/.subversion/servers. If not, then open a Terminal window and type the following commands:

> mv .subversion/servers .subversion/servers-old
> svn --version

The first line moves the problematic config file out of the way, and the second line creates a new config file.

Best,
David

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 9:29 AM, p.ko@... [PSYCHTOOLBOX] <PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Dear colleagues -

I am having trouble using the 'UpdatePsychtoolbox' and 'DownloadPsychtoolbox' scripts. The error that I get is:

About to update your working copy of the OpenGL-based Psychtoolbox-3.

Will execute the following update command:

/usr/bin/svn update "/Applications/Psychtoolbox"

Sorry. The update command failed:

For reason, see output above.

Error using UpdatePsychtoolbox (line 177)

Update failed.

There appears to be some issue with the subversion client. I browsed postings in the PTB group for similar problems, and tried a few things, including re-installing Xcode with command line tools, and re-installing the subversion client with Homebrew.

Now I get a similar error when I open the Terminal window and type:

>> svn --version

(This happened after I re-installed Xcode, and continued after I re-installed the subversion client with Homebrew.)

Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance.