Drawtext function does not seem to work

Hello!

Recently I have been getting the same error whenever I call the Drawtext function in my scripts and even the DrawFormattedTextDemo gives me the same error:

Error in function DrawText: Usage error
The external text renderer plugin failed to render the text string for some reason!
Error using Screen
Usage:

[newX,newY,textHeight]=Screen('DrawText', windowPtr, text [,x] [,y] [,color] [,backgroundColor] [,yPositionIsBaseline]
[,swapTextDirection]);

Error in DrawFormattedTextDemo (line 48)
Screen('DrawText', w, 'Top-Left aligned, max 40 chars wide: Hit any key to continue.', 0, 0, [255, 0, 0, 255]);

Any ideas on what might be going wrong and how it can be fixed? (I even uninstalled and installed ptb again).

Thanks on advance.
Is "recently" after something hapoened to the machine? Please check that GStreamer is completely installed, thats a requirement (assuming you're on Windows, you don't say).

See help drawtextplugin or something like that (not near computer, I'm guessing).

Best,
Dee

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018, 04:22 Maria K mkoutromanoy@... [PSYCHTOOLBOX] <PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello!

Recently I have been getting the same error whenever I call the Drawtext function in my scripts and even the DrawFormattedTextDemo gives me the same error:

Error in function DrawText: Usage error
The external text renderer plugin failed to render the text string for some reason!
Error using Screen
Usage:

[newX,newY,textHeight]=Screen('DrawText', windowPtr, text [,x] [,y] [,color] [,backgroundColor] [,yPositionIsBaseline]
[,swapTextDirection]);

Error in DrawFormattedTextDemo (line 48)
Screen('DrawText', w, 'Top-Left aligned, max 40 chars wide: Hit any key to continue.', 0, 0, [255, 0, 0, 255]);

Any ideas on what might be going wrong and how it can be fixed? (I even uninstalled and installed ptb again).

Thanks on advance.