Generating vibration with DaqAOutScan. SetReport error

Hello,

Matlab version: 2021a
PTB version: 3.0.17 (beta).

I am trying to make a tactor via USB-1208FS vibrate. So far I was looping over an array using DaqAOut. This might not be the best way to generate the sound. DaqAOutScan might be more suitable. A similar topic was discussed before (USB1208FS DA Out for 180 Hz sinewave?), but using the example code gives me an error. In particular this line:

params = DaqAOutScan2(DaqIdx, vSine, options);

gives me the following error:

DaqAOutScan interface 1, SetReport error 0xFFFFFFFF. Incorrect function.: Incorrect function.

Any help appreciated!

Not clear to me why you wouldn’t use a sound card for generating sound? Also, performance of DAQ analog output seems to be quite limited, according to the help DaqAOutScan.

But if you insist, help PsychPaidSupportAndServices will tell you how to provide your paid support authentication token for up to 30 minutes of my paid support - no guarantee of success, and ofc. it could become way more expensive if 30 minutes are insufficient.

Btw. PTB 3.0.17 is end of life and no longer supported, but i don’t think 3.0.18 would behave differently, given none of the relevant code has changed in years.

-mario

Thanks for your response. Yes, the wording sound is ambiguous (edited in the above question). I have a tactor connected to the 1208FS device and try to send it a sine wave. That is why I used used ‘DaqAOutScan’ instead of the sound card.
Thanks

I updated to version 3.0.18. But you are right, the error still persists.