Invalid MEX-file

Hi,

I am having trouble installing PTB on Ubuntu 11.10. Here is the error I get, after launching the setup:
The returned error message by Matlab/Octave was:
Last Error: Invalid MEX-file '/home/xavier/Bureau/test/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Screen.mexglx': libraw1394.so.8: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type. (MATLAB:invalidMEXFile)
/home/xavier/Bureau/test/Psychtoolbox/PsychOneliners/AssertOpenGL.m,69
/home/xavier/Bureau/test/Psychtoolbox/PsychtoolboxPostInstallRoutine.m,584
/home/xavier/Bureau/test/Psychtoolbox/SetupPsychtoolbox.m,228

When I type Screen:
??? Invalid MEX-file '/home/xavier/Bureau/test/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Screen.mexglx': libraw1394.so.8: Ne peut ouvrir
le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type.

Hi, I'm trying to run a collaborator's script on MATLAB R2015a 64 bit, Windows 64 bit system with Psychtoolbox Version 3. I persistently get the following error:

Invalid MEX-file 'C:\mypsychtoolbox\Psychtoolbox\PsychBasic\MatlabWindowsFilesR2007a\PsychHID.mexw64':

C:\mypsychtoolbox\Psychtoolbox\PsychBasic\MatlabWindowsFilesR2007a\PsychHID.mexw64 is not a valid Win32 application.

This also prevents PsychHID running. I've tried downloading the updated libusb file but this doesn't seem to help. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Catherine

University of Bristol

Does that script have LoadPsychHID before 1st call to PsychHID? On Windows either the dll's need to be installed properly in the system, or LoadPsychHID must be called first to take care of it / perform automatic troubleshooting. LoadPsychHID is automatically called from our own functions, but if that script would use PsychHID directly, ...

Otherwise what Diederick said.

Or is the problem resolved by now and you didn't bother to give feedback?
-mario

XX---In PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com, <penningtoncat@...> wrote :

Hi, I'm trying to run a collaborator's script on MATLAB R2015a 64 bit, Windows 64 bit system with Psychtoolbox Version 3. I persistently get the following error:

Invalid MEX-file 'C:\mypsychtoolbox\Psychtoolbox\PsychBasic\MatlabWindowsFilesR2007a\PsychHID.mexw64':

C:\mypsychtoolbox\Psychtoolbox\PsychBasic\MatlabWindowsFilesR2007a\PsychHID.mexw64 is not a valid Win32 application.

This also prevents PsychHID running. I've tried downloading the updated libusb file but this doesn't seem to help. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Catherine

University of Bristol