PsychHID from Mac to Windows

Hey everybody,

I wrote some code on OSX that works great, but for the research experiment the code needs to be run on a Windows 7 computer. I am getting an error when I call PsychHID('RawState', deviceNumber, elementNumber) (I am using a logitech gamepad). The error says "Error using PsychHID." However, before the red type error is a PTB-WARNING. This is telling me that there is an "Error in function RawState: Wrong size argument supplied" then goes on to list a specifications. From that I can tell that my N (out of M N and P) is 2, but the maximum is 1 (I have no idea what this means).

Furthermore, I found out that Gamepad and GetGamepadIndices does not work on windows. I get the error for Gamepad, but GetGamepadIndices returns a vector of [2 2]. This is the index that I use for the deviceNumber on the PsychHID call. On OSX I get a single value. Why does GetGamepadIndices return anything at all if it is not supposed to? Could the 2 that it returns relate to N somehow?

Any tips or info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ben

XX---In PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com, <timmy_kale8@...> wrote :

Hey everybody,

I wrote some code on OSX that works great, but for the research experiment the code needs to be run on a Windows 7 computer. I am getting an error when I call PsychHID('RawState', deviceNumber, elementNumber) (I am using a logitech gamepad). The error says "Error using PsychHID." However, before the red type error is a PTB-WARNING. This is telling me that there is an "Error in function RawState: Wrong size argument supplied" then goes on to list a specifications. From that I can tell that my N (out of M N and P) is 2, but the maximum is 1 (I have no idea what this means).

Furthermore, I found out that Gamepad and GetGamepadIndices does not work on windows. I get the error for Gamepad, but GetGamepadIndices returns a vector of [2 2]. This is the index that I use for the deviceNumber on the PsychHID call. On OSX I get a single value. Why does GetGamepadIndices return anything at all if it is not supposed to? Could the 2 that it returns relate to N somehow?

Any tips or info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-> GamePad is not supported on Windows, as the "help GamePad" states. WinJoystickMex may be a sufficient replacement, as that help says as well. Other joystick driver mex files for Matlab on Windows exist, afaik, a forum search would probably turn something up.

-mario

Ben