Psychtoolbox potentially causing Matlab crashes?

Hi there. So I recently downloaded Matlab to 4 computers, and this weird thing keeps happening and I cannot figure out why.

So I have two different tasks I am trying to run, and one task has two different versions (it's basically the same thing, just one screen is different). Sometimes, they'll all run fine on all computers, but other times, they will randomly crash. Sometimes, only one version of the two-versioned task will run (even though that makes no sense because they are nearly the same thing). I will get an error message saying:

Error in DoD2_Group (line 47)

[w, Screenrect] =Screen('OpenWindow', 0, [128, 128, 128]);

The error message is slightly different for each of the tasks (the line number), but it only does it maybe half of the time. The other half, it is completely fine and works well.

I was told that it could be an issue with Psychtoolbox, that the paths are not set properly or something along those lines. So I've tried to delete and re-install Psychtoolbox to see if that would help. Again, sometimes they work, but other times they don't.

Has this problem ever happened to anybody before? Is there a solution to this so that way my files consistently work without crashing?

Thanks!

if you want help with a PsychToolbox problem then you need to communicate the issue clearly and in detail.

please include your computer specifications, and software versions.

also, it would make a lot of sense to include the actual error messages, not vague descriptions.

Please learn what the words you use mean before using them. None of
this is a "Matlab crash" it is just aborting with an error, for which
it certainly gave a more detailed error message than what you posted.
Also all the other info we ask for is missing, so please read the
troubleshooting and error reporting instructions, before reporting
errors. It is really not that difficult to read basic english.

http://psychtoolbox.org/forum.html

-mario

tns998@... [PSYCHTOOLBOX] <PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi there. So I recently downloaded Matlab to 4 computers, and this weird thing keeps happening and I cannot figure out why.
>
>
> So I have two different tasks I am trying to run, and one task has two different versions (it's basically the same thing, just one screen is different). Sometimes, they'll all run fine on all computers, but other times, they will randomly crash. Sometimes, only one version of the two-versioned task will run (even though that makes no sense because they are nearly the same thing). I will get an error message saying:
>
>
> Error in DoD2_Group (line 47)
>
> [w, Screenrect] =Screen('OpenWindow', 0, [128, 128, 128]);
>
>
> The error message is slightly different for each of the tasks (the line number), but it only does it maybe half of the time. The other half, it is completely fine and works well.
>
>
> I was told that it could be an issue with Psychtoolbox, that the paths are not set properly or something along those lines. So I've tried to delete and re-install Psychtoolbox to see if that would help. Again, sometimes they work, but other times they don't.
>
>
> Has this problem ever happened to anybody before? Is there a solution to this so that way my files consistently work without crashing?
>
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>