Unable to configure multiscreen set up using Ubuntu and AMD RX 550 card

Hi Psychtoolbox community,

I have been having trouble configuring the multiscreen set up for psychophysic toolbox. I apologize for my ignorance that may come through this message, I am very new to Linux and programming. 

My set up includes:

- a fresh re-install of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with a low-latency kernel 

- Matlab 2017a

- Neurodrebin downloaded Psychtoolbox-3 (downloaded on 6/11/18)

- AMD RX 550 Radeon Graphics card 

- 2 monitors- one monitor is connected through a display port, and the other connected through a DVI to display port converter

Since the open source drivers of he RX 550 AMD graphics cards do not work on 16.04 LTS (they are giving low level graphics errors), I downloaded and installed the proprietary drivers (version 18.10), which definitely seem to make the graphics appear faster and with higher resolution. 

The PsychLinuxConfiguration pathway seems to follow through and recognize the AMD card set up, as does the XOrgConfCreator. However, every time I select the configuration during XOrgConfSelector and log out, I get hung up on terminal screen and it refuses to shut down. If I force a reboot- the computer also hangs on a reboot screen and never enters into the log in screen. However, if I remove the newly created  configuration file in /etc/X1l/xorg.conf.d/, and update the grub and update initramfs, I am able to enter back into the original configuration in which the demos appear stretch between both screens.

I am kind of at a loss of what to do next. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Adeeti

Hi Adeeti

Could you post the configuration file that you get?
Hello and thanks for getting back to me! The config file that was generated is as below:

# Auto generated xorg.conf - Created by Psychtoolbox XOrgConfCreator.

Section "ServerLayout"
  Identifier    "PTB-Hydra"
  Screen 0      "Screen0" 0 0
  Screen 1      "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier    "DisplayPort-0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier    "DVI-D-0"
EndSection

Section "Device"