Windows 10 Screen function with hybrid graphics card.

New to the psychophysics toolbox, and I know that the system requirements suggests not using a PC with hybrid graphics...but the Screentest works fine with an external monitor attached, so I'm wondering if maybe there's a work around?

This is the output I get:

---------------------------------------------------

PTB-WARNING: ==============================================================================================================================

PTB-WARNING: WINDOWS DWM DESKTOP COMPOSITOR IS ACTIVE! ALL FLIP STIMULUS ONSET TIMESTAMPS WILL BE VERY LIKELY UNRELIABLE AND LESS ACCURATE!

PTB-WARNING: STIMULUS ONSET TIMING WILL BE UNRELIABLE AS WELL, AND GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE MAY BE SEVERELY REDUCED! STIMULUS IMAGES MAY NOT

PTB-WARNING: SHOW UP AT ALL! DO NOT USE THIS MODE FOR RUNNING REAL EXPERIMENT SESSIONS WITH ANY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCURATE TIMING!

PTB-WARNING: ==============================================================================================================================

WARNING: Mismatch between measured monitor refresh interval and interval reported by operating system.

This indicates massive problems with VBL sync.

----- ! PTB - ERROR: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILURE ! ----

One or more internal checks (see Warnings above) indicate that synchronization

of Psychtoolbox to the vertical retrace (VBL) is not working on your setup.

This will seriously impair proper stimulus presentation and stimulus presentation timing!

Please read 'help SyncTrouble' for information about how to solve or work-around the problem.

You can force Psychtoolbox to continue, despite the severe problems, by adding the command

Screen('Preference', 'SkipSyncTests', 1); at the top of your script, if you really know what you are doing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which part of PTB's output is ambiguous here? And what is your definition of "fine"?
For more info see this message from just 5 days ago:

Psychophysics Toolbox

good luck,
-mario

---In PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com, <sbeukem@...> wrote :

New to the psychophysics toolbox, and I know that the system requirements suggests not using a PC with hybrid graphics...but the Screentest works fine with an external monitor attached, so I'm wondering if maybe there's a work around?

This is the output I get:

---------------------------------------------------

PTB-WARNING: WINDOWS DWM DESKTOP COMPOSITOR IS ACTIVE! ALL FLIP STIMULUS ONSET TIMESTAMPS WILL BE VERY LIKELY UNRELIABLE AND LESS ACCURATE!

PTB-WARNING: STIMULUS ONSET TIMING WILL BE UNRELIABLE AS WELL, AND GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE MAY BE SEVERELY REDUCED! STIMULUS IMAGES MAY NOT

PTB-WARNING: SHOW UP AT ALL! DO NOT USE THIS MODE FOR RUNNING REAL EXPERIMENT SESSIONS WITH ANY REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCURATE TIMING!

WARNING: Mismatch between measured monitor refresh interval and interval reported by operating system.

This indicates massive problems with VBL sync.

----- ! PTB - ERROR: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILURE ! ----

One or more internal checks (see Warnings above) indicate that synchronization

of Psychtoolbox to the vertical retrace (VBL) is not working on your setup.

This will seriously impair proper stimulus presentation and stimulus presentation timing!

Please read 'help SyncTrouble' for information about how to solve or work-around the problem.

You can force Psychtoolbox to continue, despite the severe problems, by adding the command

Screen('Preference', 'SkipSyncTests', 1); at the top of your script, if you really know what you are doing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

any help would be greatly appreciated.