Cannot solve error "help synchtrouble"

Hi all,

I’ve been struggling to get the “totally minimal demo” running for a few days. (TotallyMinimalDemo)

I get a “synchtrouble” error, but I don’t know how to fix it.
Of course I can get around it with: Screen(‘Preference’, ‘SkipSyncTests’, 1);

I have an ASUS 14" Zenbook laptop (Windows 10), with both an AMD graphics card and NVIDIA. Is this related? I tried following all of the troubleshooting steps to make sure graphics was applications controlled, etc.

Thanks for your help.

You could try and hardware disable the NVidia graphics card via the BIOS? And install Linux via a dual-boot and test it, you’ll find it should work much more reliably…

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll think about trying that, if PsychoPy doesn’t end up working out for me.

Given Psychtoolbox has more advanced timing mechanisms and startup checks than PsychoPy, switching to it won’t solve your timing issues, only hide them if you are unlucky, giving a false sense of security. Running PsychoPy is the same as Screen(‘Preference’, ‘SkipSyncTests’, 2); with all checks disabled. If you have two gpu’s under Windows, you are screwed → ‘help HybridGraphics’

Got it, thank you, I didn’t know about that. There is another desktop I can use tomorrow, so I will try again then.