Curdes FORP Button Box

Hi All,

I've seen some messages about this but following each of the suggested options hasn't gotten me anywhere so far.

We have recently obtained a *new* curdes FORP (932) button box which replaces our old curdes box, which worked fine with PTB. However, none of the old codes work with the new button box, insomuch as they don't collect keyboard responses despite the values appearing in the Matlab command window (Note: OSX only - windows works fine, go figure!). 

I've tried to use the KbQueueDemo but it doesn't pick up anything either - which is odd since the values must be somewhere given they appear in the Matlab screen even during the KbQueueDemo, they just don't trigger the calls in the program.

So, does anyone have any experience with this hardware or has any code that will show me a way to collect responses from this beast! ;)

Thanks

Mike.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for that. The solutions already suggested in the forums are all for the 'old' button box, which we have working - unfortunately these solutions aren't working for the new box which looks like it's had a major redesign. For example, there is no longer a setting '6' (in fact the dial on the outside of the box is no longer analogue but settings are changed via a digital menu system which I've been through a few times now).

The manufacturers did suggest I use  their 'NAR' mode because of the breif period of the singal but this didn't help.

Cheers

Mike

--- On Mon, 11/23/09, Schneider, Keith A. <schneiderkei@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [psychtoolbox] Curdes FORP Button Box
To: "psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com" <psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 9:05 AM

Hi Mike,

Check the archives of this list for details about the FORP box. The problem is that in its normal mode, the key press impulses the FORP box sends out are too brief to be normally detected. So, you can put the box into mode 6, which replicates a normal keyboard, or you can use the kb queue functions in PTB that were written for this purpose.

keith

On Nov 23, 2009, at 4:16 AM, Micheal Astley wrote:

Hi All,

I've seen some messages about this but following each of the suggested options hasn't gotten me anywhere so far.

We have recently obtained a *new* curdes FORP (932) button box which replaces our old curdes box, which worked fine with PTB. However, none of the old codes work with the new button box, insomuch as they don't collect keyboard responses despite the values appearing in the Matlab command window (Note: OSX only - windows works fine, go figure!).

I've tried to use the KbQueueDemo but it doesn't pick up anything either - which is odd since the values must be somewhere given they appear in the Matlab screen even during the KbQueueDemo, they just don't trigger the calls in the program.

So, does anyone have any experience with this hardware or has any code that will show me a way to collect responses from this beast! ;)

Thanks

Mike.