How do I fix the “Unsupported point size requested in Screen('DrawDots')” error?

I have a program which requires the use of the DrawDots function:

[minSmoothPointSize, maxSmoothPointSize, minAliasedPointSize, maxAliasedPointSize] = Screen('DrawDots', windowPtr, xy [,size] [,color] [,center] [,dot_type][, lenient]);

My line of code looks like this: Screen('DrawDots', scr,[x,y],r*2,color,[],2)

However, when I run the code I get the following error related to this function:

PTB-ERROR: You requested a point size of 49.200000 units, which is not in the range (1.000000 to 20.000000) supported by your graphics hardware.
Error in function DrawDots: Usage error Unsupported point size requested in Screen('DrawDots').

The computer I am running this on is brand new, but only has an integrated graphics card (Intel UHD Graphics 630). However, the code works on other computers with a lower quality integrated graphics cards with no problem (Intel HD Graphics 620), so I am wondering if there is some other issue going on.

I have tried switching Matlab to run off of OpenGL rather than the graphics card itself, but that did not work and I got the same error. And, I tried running the program when the OS was set to a lower screen resolution, but that also didn't work. I am running Matlab 2016b on all of the PCs I have tested the code on.

I don't want to just set the circles to 20 units because they will be too small relative to the rest of the objects on the screen (and possibly just too small in general). The code is designed such that everything is sized relative to the screen resolution, so if I set the circles to a constant size I think it would look weird. I can try that as a last resort but I was hoping to maintain the original circle size.

Any suggestions for how to get around this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you.