Issue with SetupPsychtoolbox

See output below. TL;DR: My student ran SetupPsychtoolbox. It spit out some words, some of which were “You may want to run SetupPsychtoolbox.” Any ideas?
js

SetupPsychtoolbox

Success.

Success.

Running post-install routine…
In place of the expected mex file this placeholder file was executed
Screen
This mex file seems to be missing or inaccessible on your MATLAB path or dysfunctional:
Screen.mexmaci64
Hm. I cannot find the file on your MATLAB path?!? …
You may want to run SetupPsychtoolbox to fix possible path problems.

Hello EyesDude

Thanks for these words! They are good words. Not many words, but good words. Some say they are too little words to handle the situation, which would be sad, i don’t know? I can also spit out some words: “tree, banana, boat, flower, river”! I’ve heard some people say they are great words uttered by great minds. That might be true, but I don’t know, you hear this, you hear that…

But i’m saying it as it is: If you want to bring us even better words, here are some words which describe how to put out the best words to deal with such issues:

thanks,
-mario

Link to relevant (?) screenshot. Advice for troubleshooting would be appreciated!

Those are more words, some say better words, still not enough words though, as the words on our “how to use the forum” primer would have told you. Saad.

Anyway. What macOS version is this? What is the output of the path command? What is the output of the rc = savepath command?
What of PsychtoolboxRoot? Does the Screen.mexmaci64 file exist in the Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/ subfolder?

MacOS Catalina 10.15.2.
first part of the path appended at the end of this message.
(it’s too long for me to paste the complete path.)

rc = savepath
rc = 0
PsychtoolboxRoot
‘Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/’
There is no Screen.mexmaci64 file in the Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic subfolder.

Further suggestions appreciated!

MATLABPATH
/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychAlpha

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychAlphaBlending

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/MatlabWindowsFilesR2007a

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Octave3LinuxFiles

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Octave3LinuxFiles64

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Octave3LinuxFilesARM

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Octave5LinuxFiles64

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Octave5OSXFiles64

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/Octave5WindowsFiles64

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychBasic/PsychPlugins

/Users/kirstie/Downloads/Psychtoolbox-3-3.0.16.8/Psychtoolbox/PsychCal

etc.

If Screen.mexmaci64 is not there it’s not there. Are all the other files there? Are the other *.mexmaci64 files in the PsychBasic folder there? Maybe some corrupted download?

Thanks for your help. 63 successful installations so far. Here’s an unsuccessful one. Ideas?

Looks to me like an incomplete download/unzip. Delete all and restart the install

Thanks, but that doesn’t seem to have fixed it. Any other ideas?

Just looking at the file explorer at the left, this is definitely an incomplete download. There should be many more Psych* folders.