Re: PsychoToolbox for Windows

On Jun 13, 2006, at 4:44 AM, Mark Cox wrote:

I was hoping you could answer a few queries for me with regards to Psychotoolbox for Windows?
Could you advise me whether the early prototype version of Psychotoolbox for Windows is available yet? If so where can I download it is from? If not do you know when it would be available? Is the new version based around openGL?

Dear Mark,

I am working little now on the Psychtoolbox but Mario Kleiner is contributing a lot of good work on the project. He has an OpenGL-based Screen function for Windows, it is included in the unified OS X/Win OpenGL Psychtoolbox beta. You can obtain that by calling the "DownloadPsychtoolbox" script from the MATLAB command line.

DownloadPsychtoolbox.m is available here:

DownloadPsychtoolbox requires that a subversion client is installed on your computer. The subversion client for Windows is available here:

DownloadPsychtoolbox has built-in help available by entering "help DownloadPsychtoolbox" from the MATLAB command line.

The "beta" designation means that it may still be incomplete or have bugs. If you try it and find problems, please report them to the Psychtoolbox forum, here:

best,

Allen

On Jun 13, 2006, at 4:44 AM, Mark Cox wrote:

Hi Allen

I was hoping you could answer a few queries for me with regards to Psychotoolbox for Windows?
Could you advise me whether the early prototype version of Psychotoolbox for Windows is available yet? If so where can I download it is from? If not do you know when it would be available? Is the new version based around openGL?
Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards

Mark Cox
IT & Technical Support Officer
School of Psychology
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston. Tel: +44 (0)121 4142865 [Mon-Wed L/T]
Birmingham +44 (0)121 4147134 [Wed L/T-Fri]
B15 2TT Fax: +44 (0)121 4143125
United Kingdom. E-mail: m.s.cox@...