Screen("DrawDots") doesn't work/ScreenDrawDots() does

I’m a new grad student and new to PTB, I’m using the latest versions of matlab/PTB and windows 10.
For some odd reason Screen('Draw") functions won’t work for me, but some Screen(“Fill/Frame”) ones do.
I’ve had success with the workaround ScreenDrawDots(), but Screen(“DrawDots”) just doesn’t draw dots. Screen(“DrawTextures”) also will not work, but idk if there’s a workaround for that one. That too does not draw the images I want to use, but everything else works just fine.
I should note, I was using Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 figuring that would solve the problem, but alas it did not.
My fear is that its my computer’s graphics, I’m using a 2016 Dell Optiplex 5040 if that helps. I know jack about graphics cards so that probably isn’t helpful.

are you having problems with our demos? If so, which ones?

That machine has Intel graphics, almost always a bad choice under Windows for visual stimulation. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04-LTS Linux.

-mario

I figured it out-- the demos were working fine, it was all me. I was using double quotations not single, so Screen(“Draw”) vs Screen(‘Draw’). Just me being a noob!

Glad you got it to work. These new features of matlab (until they introduced the string datatype, double quotes were illegal) don’t make things easier. I have been bitten by that as well…