Script works in a computer but not in another one

Hello,

I have been developing a dot motion discrimination task since January and everything was working fine. What my script does is that it creates hundreds of randomly moving dots and at a certain point, dots start moving in a certain direction (left or right) with a certain coherence, e.g., 80% of the dots move to the right for 1 second, and the goal is that the user presses a different key according to which direction the points are moving towards. This then repeated itself for however many trials I set.

Anyways, the script worked perfectly fine until the other day. It stills works fine in one computer, but it stopped working on my personal computer. I thought it could have been because I installed an anti-virus but I already uninstalled it and nothing is solved. What happens is that the dots now move super slow and when it gets to the time where they should move in a certain direction, they simply don’t, they just keep moving randomly. I’ve ran the same exact code in another computer and it worked just fine.

Anyone has any idea of what could be going on?

Please read this post and provide information on what may be different about your two computers, otherwise no one can help you. The version of PTB, the version of the OS, the graphics driver, the screen configuration and many other things could cause differences. For timing problems, check that at least VBLSyncTest works as expected. Read what PTB returns in the command window, and follow anything it suggests…

Matlab: R2019a
Processor: Intel Core i7-6600U
RAM: 16 GB
Windows 10 Pro, version 1903
Scren Resolution: 2560 x 1440
PTB Version: 3.0.16
GStreamer 1.16
Every script worked fine in this computer until about 1/2 weeks ago.

I tried using Matlab R2018a and it works, so it’s good enough for me, thank you.