Sending TTL parallel port triggers in Windows 10

Hello, I am running a task in Psychtoolbox on a Windows 10 computer and I want to send triggers to an actiChamp EEG amplifier that are then recorded by BrainVision Recorder on a different Windows 10 computer.

I saw the FAQ on TTL triggers in Windows (2000/XP/Vista/7) but that post makes no reference to Windows 10. Does the same approach described in the FAQ work for a 64-bit Windows 10 computer or will I need to do something different?

Probably works the same. Let us know and update that FAQ section if you find otherwise.
-mario

There are some significant differences. I sent BP a doc on this recently. LMK if you need it. What type of parallel port do you have - on board or PCI?

Using the parallel port to send event codes in Windows 10 to Brain Recorder from Matlab

Installation of drivers for Windows 10 PCI-bus Parallel Port (Sunix brand was implemented)

Go to this site and download BOTH the 64-bit and 32-bit versions:

https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/inpout32/

Install BOTH following the instructions (exactly). See lab comments below.

Find the inp.m and out.p, also the config.m. You may have to alter the config or the inp and out, to use the correct hexadecimal (0xABCD) address. Look in the Resources for your PCI bus; it is the ECP (extended) base address that you are looking for.

THE FIRST TIME YOU RUN THIS, YOU MUST OPEN MATLAB AS “Administrator”!
(Right-click the application for this option).

See: Downtown Doug Brown » Parallel Port Tester - you can use a multi-meter connected to a ground pin to test the output of your parallel port.

• Read the above site for more generally helpful information.

There are other hardware options that replace the parallel port (no experience):

Measurement Computing or National Instruments boxes for interface
Also BP StimTrak

Our lab setup notes:

The Parallel port address is 0x3FB8 – the ‘extended’ address in the PCI bus resource listing (see “Device Manager”). Need to use the inpoutx64.dll.

I’m not sure if it needs to be in the folder w. the script, or just installed as a .dll in the “System32” folder inside C:\Windows.

NOTE! The “System32” folder is actually for 64-bit drivers! Poor nomenclature. The 32-bit legacy stuff is in the “SysWOW64” folder, contrary to everything you might assume.