Unable to send triggers through parallel port Windows 7

Hello, I am trying to send stimulus triggers using Psychtoolbox to a Biosemi EEG system via parallel port. I am using Window 7 32-bit and Matlab 2009 32-bit. The port address for my LPT port is listed as 00020000. Using the lptwrite function I have entered a number of different port addresses (e.g. 00020000,0200, 200, 0210,210 - both with and without hex2dec) but no triggers are being received by the EEG. I am able to send triggers using different software (Presentation) so I know that the port and the EEG system are working. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!
p.s. I am using an external parallel port that is listed as LPT 3 in Presentation software its address is listed as 0x2010

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, "Cora" <corabruton1@...> wrote:
>
> Hello, I am trying to send stimulus triggers using Psychtoolbox to a Biosemi EEG system via parallel port. I am using Window 7 32-bit and Matlab 2009 32-bit. The port address for my LPT port is listed as 00020000. Using the lptwrite function I have entered a number of different port addresses (e.g. 00020000,0200, 200, 0210,210 - both with and without hex2dec) but no triggers are being received by the EEG. I am able to send triggers using different software (Presentation) so I know that the port and the EEG system are working. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!
>
where are you seeing that address? you say '00020000' first, but then you say '0x2010' -- what changed? what is an 'external parallel port'? an add-on PCI card? did you follow all the instructions at http://psychtoolbox.org/FaqTTLTrigger? did you disable UAC?

-e

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, "Cora" <corabruton1@...> wrote:
>
> p.s. I am using an external parallel port that is listed as LPT 3 in Presentation software its address is listed as 0x2010
>
> --- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, "Cora" <corabruton1@> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I am trying to send stimulus triggers using Psychtoolbox to a Biosemi EEG system via parallel port. I am using Window 7 32-bit and Matlab 2009 32-bit. The port address for my LPT port is listed as 00020000. Using the lptwrite function I have entered a number of different port addresses (e.g. 00020000,0200, 200, 0210,210 - both with and without hex2dec) but no triggers are being received by the EEG. I am able to send triggers using different software (Presentation) so I know that the port and the EEG system are working. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!
> >
>