Split screen stereomode in windows 10

Hi! I’m new to PTB in Windows. In Macs, stereomode=4 splits a single display into two halves for the L and R images. Is there a way to do so in Windows? It seems like stereomode=4 in Windows is equivalent to stereomode=10 in Macs, but stereomode=10 in Windows somehow presents only presents a monocular image instead of splitting the screen. On my machine, only the left image is presented (i.e.,SelectStereoDrawBuffer=0). Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Stereomode 4 does exactly the same thing on Windows as on macOS, split the onscreen window in two halves? At least on a single-display setup. For dual-display stereo setups, you’d need to choose screenId 0 or a stereo-compatible configuration for a window to span the two displays. You need to provide more details. And you’d need to buy priority support if you’d need further timely responses from myself.
-mario

Thanks Mario, appreciate you responding. I’m trying to split a single display, works on macOS but not Windows 10. In Windows, stereomode=4 seem to only want dual displays. Stereomode=2 works fine in splitting top and bottom though, so do the anaglyph stereomodes. It’s fine, no need to reply. I could always manually program the split. Thanks again!

Just ran StereoDemo(4) and ImagingStereoDemo(4) on a single-display setup and a dual-display setup, and both work exactly as expected:

• Dual-Monitor: Left eye stim on left monitor, right eye on right monitor.
  • Single-Monitor: Split view.

If i specify screen id as 1 or 2 i can get split-window on each of the two monitors in the dual monitor setup.

Everything is fine on Win-10, so whatever it is must be either user error, or some malfunction of your system. Maybe reboot? Anyway, end of free advice.

-mario

No worries, we got it to work. Your advice was very helpful, thanks!

Thank you’s are nice, financially contributing to PTB’s upkeep by buying a priority support license is better :slight_smile:.

Have a nice day,
-mario

Haha oh yes, I’m considering a license soon. :slightly_smiling_face: