Sync issues with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 dual-display setup

Hello,

Using PsychToolbox, the line
Screen('OpenWindow', win.screenNumber, [0 0 0],[],[],[],[]);

caused this error:

WARNING: Couldn't compute a reliable estimate of monitor refresh interval! Trouble with VBL syncing?!?

----- ! PTB - ERROR: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILURE ! ----

One or more internal checks (see Warnings above) indicate that synchronization
of Psychtoolbox to the vertical retrace (VBL) is not working on your setup.

This will seriously impair proper stimulus presentation and stimulus presentation timing!
Please read 'help SyncTrouble' for information about how to solve or work-around the problem.
You can force Psychtoolbox to continue, despite the severe problems, by adding the command
Screen('Preference', 'SkipSyncTests', 1); at the top of your script, if you really know what you are doing.

I have two Dell G2524H running at 120 Hz each via the display ports of an NVidea GTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro (version 22H2), Intel(R) Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 16 GHz RAM.

If I switch off one monitor, I don’t get the error message. If I then switch on the second monitor once the program is running, it seems to work fine (as in there is no error message).

Using a common search engine, I found several things to take care of if this issue arises, such as letting the app take control of vertical sync and having the triple buffer off. I tried all these things and it doesn’t seem to help. What more can I do?

I wanted to attach the settings of the NVIDEA control panel for reference but I cannot because the forum settings don’t allow new users to do that apparently. I will try in a comment.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Okay, images don’t work unfortunately. If you think seeing all settings, please write me a dm. I will manually write down the settings that I think are relevant here:

• Triple buffering: Off
  • Vertical Sync: Use the 3D application setting

http://psychtoolbox.org/requirements.html#short-version

Dear Mario,

thanks for the reply. I am not sure I understand your point. The links leads me to requirements of PsychToolbox. Are you saying that some requirements are not met? Can you be more specific please?
Thanks!