Three displays and stereo mode

Dear experts,

I am using windows 10, and my graphic card can handle up to 4 monitors@60Hz.

I plan to use psychtoolbox for my stimulus presentation. The stimulus is going to be presented on a set of goggles, when they are connected to the PC they appear as two monitors. It is noteworthy to mention that in addition to these two monitors, we also have a control monitor connected to the PC ( to run code, etc.). Hence, in total we have 3 monitors detected by the PC and psychtoolbox gives screen ids of: 0,1,2,3.

The stimulus presented to the left and right eye are completely different, and I was thinking about using stereo mode 4 ( free fusion) to input them.

Given the fact that we have more than 2 monitors in this case, is it practical?

In addition, the other question is that, can we change the order of monitors identified by psychtoolbox? suppose left eye’s monitor is assigned screen id of 3, and right eye’s monitor is assigned screen id of 2. is there a way to change left eye’s monitor id to 1, etc?

Regards,
Asa Farahani

Hi Asa,

the only free - and at the same time best - advice i can give you is to switch to Ubuntu Linux for these kinds of studies, ideally with a recommended AMD graphics card for optimal open-source driver support out of the box.

Any multi-display setup on Windows is more problematic, but for up to 30 minutes paid advice wrt. Windows, without any guarantee of satisfactory results based on my advice, see help PsychPaidSupportAndServices.

Regards,
-mario