Trouble using psychtoolbox on 64bit: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILURE!

Hi,

I have been through the list of 10 error checking options following download (dpc latency checker showed no problems), and thus am now posting in the forum for help.

I am running windows 7 on a 64bit with an intel hd graphics 3000. Whenever matlab starts now, I get the following message:

PsychStartup: Adding path of installed GStreamer runtime to library path. [C:\gstreamer-sdk\0.10\x86_64\bin]. I have manually set path but continue to get this message..I figure it may be helpful to diagnose my main problem?

I am able to see all of the psychtoolbox folders and all by calling 'help psychtoolbox'. When I use the demos or try to execute any of my previous experiments, I receive many errors:

If I call a demo such as KbQueueDemo, it will start to run but when it comes time for the visual display portion, I get a PTB--ERROR: SYNCH FAILURE!---. I have tried everything and cannot resolve this issue. Additionally I get: "Error using Screen" output to the command line as well.

I get the exact same error when I try to run other scripts I have written. An "ERROR - SYNCH FAILURE" and an "Error using Screen". Although this program runs well on my other windows comp.

Thanks for any and all help.

--AB