New to psychtoolbox, an error I get when i just started

Dear all,

This is Amir Mohammad Tahamtan from Sharif University of Technolgy, Tehran, Iran.

I'm new to psychtoolbox and have question. When I wrote screentest I got the following error:

>> screentest

***** ScreenTest: Testing Screen 0 *****

PTB-INFO: This is Psychtoolbox-3 for Microsoft Windows, under Matlab 64-Bit (Version 3.0.13 - Build date: Aug 13 2016).

PTB-INFO: Support status on this operating system release: Windows version 6.1 partially supported, but no longer tested at all.

PTB-INFO: Type 'PsychtoolboxVersion' for more detailed version information.

PTB-INFO: Most parts of the Psychtoolbox distribution are licensed to you under terms of the MIT License, with

PTB-INFO: some restrictions. See file 'License.txt' in the Psychtoolbox root folder for the exact licensing conditions.

PTB-INFO: Will disable DWM because a regular fullscreen onscreen window is opened -> We want best timing and performance.

PTB-INFO: OpenGL-Renderer is NVIDIA Corporation :: GeForce G105M/PCI/SSE2 :: 3.0.0

PTB-INFO: VBL startline = 768 , VBL Endline = 790

PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from beamposition = 16.766750 ms [59.641852 Hz].

PTB-INFO: Will use beamposition query for accurate Flip time stamping.

PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from VBLsync = 16.789779 ms [59.560044 Hz]. (263 valid samples taken, stddev=1.015805 ms.)

PTB-INFO: Reported monitor refresh interval from operating system = 16.666667 ms [60.000000 Hz].

PTB-INFO: Small deviations between reported values are normal and no reason to worry.

WARNING: Couldn't compute a reliable estimate of monitor refresh interval! Trouble with VBL syncing?!?

----- ! PTB - ERROR: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILURE ! ----

One or more internal checks (see Warnings above) indicate that synchronization

of Psychtoolbox to the vertical retrace (VBL) is not working on your setup.

This will seriously impair proper stimulus presentation and stimulus presentation timing!

Please read 'help SyncTrouble' for information about how to solve or work-around the problem.

You can force Psychtoolbox to continue, despite the severe problems, by adding the command

Screen('Preference', 'SkipSyncTests', 1); at the top of your script, if you really know what you are doing.

??? Error using ==> Screen

See error message printed above.

Error in ==> ScreenTest at 15

w = Screen('OpenWindow',screen);

Can you help address this problem?

Take care,

Amir

Did you help SyncTrouble, as suggested by the messages?

Al the best,
Dee

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 3:49 PM, amirm.tahamtan@... [PSYCHTOOLBOX] <PSYCHTOOLBOX@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Dear all,

This is Amir Mohammad Tahamtan from Sharif University of Technolgy, Tehran, Iran.

I'm new to psychtoolbox and have question. When I wrote screentest I got the following error:

>> screentest

***** ScreenTest: Testing Screen 0 *****

PTB-INFO: This is Psychtoolbox-3 for Microsoft Windows, under Matlab 64-Bit (Version 3.0.13 - Build date: Aug 13 2016).

PTB-INFO: Support status on this operating system release: Windows version 6.1 partially supported, but no longer tested at all.

PTB-INFO: Type 'PsychtoolboxVersion' for more detailed version information.

PTB-INFO: Most parts of the Psychtoolbox distribution are licensed to you under terms of the MIT License, with

PTB-INFO: some restrictions. See file 'License.txt' in the Psychtoolbox root folder for the exact licensing conditions.

PTB-INFO: Will disable DWM because a regular fullscreen onscreen window is opened -> We want best timing and performance.

PTB-INFO: OpenGL-Renderer is NVIDIA Corporation :: GeForce G105M/PCI/SSE2 :: 3.0.0

PTB-INFO: VBL startline = 768 , VBL Endline = 790

PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from beamposition = 16.766750 ms [59.641852 Hz].

PTB-INFO: Will use beamposition query for accurate Flip time stamping.

PTB-INFO: Measured monitor refresh interval from VBLsync = 16.789779 ms [59.560044 Hz]. (263 valid samples taken, stddev=1.015805 ms.)

PTB-INFO: Reported monitor refresh interval from operating system = 16.666667 ms [60.000000 Hz].

PTB-INFO: Small deviations between reported values are normal and no reason to worry.

WARNING: Couldn't compute a reliable estimate of monitor refresh interval! Trouble with VBL syncing?!?

----- ! PTB - ERROR: SYNCHRONIZATION FAILURE ! ----

One or more internal checks (see Warnings above) indicate that synchronization

of Psychtoolbox to the vertical retrace (VBL) is not working on your setup.

This will seriously impair proper stimulus presentation and stimulus presentation timing!

Please read 'help SyncTrouble' for information about how to solve or work-around the problem.

You can force Psychtoolbox to continue, despite the severe problems, by adding the command

Screen('Preference', 'SkipSyncTests', 1); at the top of your script, if you really know what you are doing.

??? Error using ==> Screen

See error message printed above.

Error in ==> ScreenTest at 15

w = Screen('OpenWindow',screen);

Can you help address this problem?

Take care,

Amir