Tutorials and Demos

As promised I have been working on a series of demos / tutorials from PTB. These are aimed at the complete beginner and progress onwards to more complex topics. 

I have a few more things I need to finish off on them, but there is now a substantial amount of information, so even in their unfinished state they might be of use to some people.

The aim is for these to complement the excellent demos already included in PTB, but with focus on the complete beginner.  Links are provided to existing PTB demos to prompt the user to delve in further and learn more.

Topics are as follows:

(1) Basic Knowledge and Demos

(2) Drawing Basic Shapes and Dots

(3) Animating Basic Shapes and Dots

(4) Static Textures

(5) Animated Textures

(6) 3D stimuli without stereoscopic presentation

(7) 3D stimuli with stereoscopic presentation

(8) Full Experiments

Currently the weighting is on the earlier demos. But I have most of the rest done. Just need to double check and upload.

Full code is provided for all the demos, so it should just be a matter of cutting and pasting to use it. I have aimed for each demo to be completely self-contained and require limited input from the user so as not to complicate things.

There are a couple of full experiments (Stroop and Motion Coherence). The latter giving a threshold.

Pictures and Movies are provided to show what the output of the demos should be. 

I will report back in a couple of weeks when I have had more time to finish these off. Once I have done this I will take suggestions for further demos and refinements.

I will also be doing some on basic psychophysical procedures. 

Thanks go to Tobias, Aaron and Mario for advice and input. 

Peter

Link: http://peterscarfe.com/ptbtutorials.html

Hi,

Thanks for the tutorials, I find them extremely helpful! 

thanks 

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, <peterscarfe@...> wrote:

As promised I have been working on a series of demos / tutorials from PTB. These are aimed at the complete beginner and progress onwards to more complex topics. 

I have a few more things I need to finish off on them, but there is now a substantial amount of information, so even in their unfinished state they might be of use to some people.

The aim is for these to complement the excellent demos already included in PTB, but with focus on the complete beginner.  Links are provided to existing PTB demos to prompt the user to delve in further and learn more.

Topics are as follows:

(4) Static Textures

(5) Animated Textures

(8) Full Experiments

Currently the weighting is on the earlier demos. But I have most of the rest done. Just need to double check and upload.

Full code is provided for all the demos, so it should just be a matter of cutting and pasting to use it. I have aimed for each demo to be completely self-contained and require limited input from the user so as not to complicate things.

There are a couple of full experiments (Stroop and Motion Coherence). The latter giving a threshold.

Pictures and Movies are provided to show what the output of the demos should be. 

I will report back in a couple of weeks when I have had more time to finish these off. Once I have done this I will take suggestions for further demos and refinements.

Peter

Glad they are helpful. 

I will be adding a lot more to them over the next week or so. And will report back to the forum when the next major update is done. 

I will also then take suggestions from for addition info / demos / tutorials.

Thanks,

Pete 

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, <psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the tutorials, I find them extremely helpful! 

thanks 

--- In psychtoolbox@yahoogroups.com, <peterscarfe@...> wrote:

Topics are as follows:

(4) Static Textures

(5) Animated Textures

(8) Full Experiments

Peter