SimpleMovieDemo crush with Gstreamer error

HI! I am using Windows 7 and MATLAB 2016b.  

I've downloaded and installed psycTollBox and Gstreamer according to the download instructions, 

But when I try to use SimpleMovieDemo (or any other movie function) I get the following error:

PTB-ERROR: Tried to startup GStreamer multi-media framework. This didn't work, because one

PTB-ERROR: of the required GStreamer runtime libraries failed to load, probably because it

PTB-ERROR: could not be found, could not be accessed (e.g., due to permission problems),

PTB-ERROR: or most likely because GStreamer isn't installed on this machine at all.

PTB-ERROR: Another reason could be that you have GStreamer version 0.10.x instead of the required

PTB-ERROR: version >= 1.4.0 installed. The version 0.10 series is no longer supported.

PTB-ERROR: The system returned the error code 0.

PTB-ERROR: Please read the help by typing 'help GStreamer' for installation and troubleshooting

PTB-ERROR: instructions.

PTB-ERROR: Due to failed GStreamer initialization, the movie playback engine is disabled for this session.

Error in function OpenMovie: Usage error

GStreamer initialization failed due to library loading problems. Aborted.

Error using Screen

Usage:

[ moviePtr [duration] [fps] [width] [height] [count] [aspectRatio]]=Screen('OpenMovie', windowPtr, moviefile [, async=0] [,

preloadSecs=1] [, specialFlags1=0][, pixelFormat=4][, maxNumberThreads=-1][, movieOptions]);

Error in SimpleMovieDemo (line 44)

movie = Screen('OpenMovie', win, moviename);

any advice will be very appreciated... Thanks!

I assume your PTB is up to date? UpdatePsychtoolbox

Please post the full output from the moment Matlab starts up - it already should display GStreamer related info when Matlab launches. Doesn't seem like GStreamer was properly installed.

Also be aware of this when you try to use GStreamer with Matlab on Windows - a problematic combo:

https://github.com/Psychtoolbox-3/Psychtoolbox-3/wiki/FAQ#how-to-resolve-gstreamer-problems

-mario